We have made a GoDaddy VS BigRock comparison concerning about their ASP.NET hosting service based on the price, offerings, support, customer satisfaction, reliability, and page loading speed. As both of the two companies are reliable options, many of our readers are confused that which one offers the better service for website building.
GoDaddy is one of the largest domain registration companies but also provides Windows hosting like BigRock. In this post, we will compare their Window hosting solutions to check which one has high price value.
Who are GoDaddy and BigRock ?
GoDaddy is a publicly traded Internet domain registrar and web hosting company. As of January 2016, GoDaddy was said to have had more than 61 million domain names under management, making it the world’s largest ICANN-accredited registrar. It serves more than 13 million customers and employs more than 4,000 people.
BigRock offers shared and reseller hosting on Linux and Windows servers as well as VPS hosting. The company’s plans are ideal if you are looking for basic features at a low price. On its website, BigRock’s communication address is in the United Arab Emirates and the company is based in India.
The Similarities of GoDaddy and BigRock
- GoDaddy and BigRock are good when it comes to the ease of use of their hosting plans, the Windows technologies, service reliability, and several other aspects. Currently, they both offer the following things.
- Advanced control panel – GoDaddy has developed a control panel which comes with advanced functionality and great ease of use. BigRock , instead, utilizes the popular Plesk. Both control panels make it quite easy to manage websites.
- Great Windows features – The two companies provide Windows Server 2008/2012, MSSQL Server 2012/2014/2016, ASP.NET Core 1.0, and ASP.NET 4.6/4.5.2/4.0/3.5/2.0. These features are great for both the normal users and developers.
- 1-click script installation – Both companies offer a script installer to guarantee easy installation of the popular .NET and PHP applications.
- 30-day refund – Buying a package from either company, you are able to cancel it and request a refund at any time within the first 30 days.
- 99.9% uptime – The two web hosts offer such a guarantee, and they can get it covered. This excellence attributes to their utilization of uninterrupted power, redundant network, and the personnel invested in server optimization and monitoring.
GoDaddy vs BigRock – Featured & Price
The latest Windows technologies
After reading the features offered by the two web hosts, we find that GoDaddy is able to keep their Windows server, SQL Server and many other technologies to the latest, while BigRock isn’t. Below is the detailed information about this.
GoDaddy: Windows Server 2012 R2 with IIS 8.5, SQL Server 2012/2014, and Silverlight 5.
BigRock: Windows Server 2008 with IIS 7, SQL Server 2008, ASP, and ASP.NET.
In fact, GoDaddy and BigRock don’t officially mention the available versions of some features, such as ASP.NET and ASP.NET MVC, so if you have specific requirements, you have to contact the sales team to know whether they provide the right version you need.
BigRock Advantage – Cheap Windows Hosting Plans
The most attractive part of the Windows hosting services offered by BigRock is the cheap price. The company provides four plans all of which come with affordable prices even if no discount is applied. You can get some price information in the list below.
- Essential: $2.89/mo, $2.69/mo and $2.59/mo for 1/2/3-year terms.
- Premium: $6.09/mo, $5.99/mo and $5.09/mo for 1/2/3-year terms.
- Business: $12.19/mo, $9.89/mo and 9.69/mo for 1/2/3-year terms.
- Pro: $12.49/mo, $12.19//mo and $10.49/mo for 1/2/3-year terms.
As a 50%-discount promotion is going on, GoDaddy plans are not expensive, either. However, when you renew, you have to pay much more. Besides, the 50% discount is exclusive to 3-year terms. Shorter terms come with higher prices. The monthly terms shorter than 1 year are not discounted.
Now see GoDaddy discounted prices and renewal costs in below.
- Economy: $5.49/mo, $4.99/mo and $3.99/mo for 1/2/3-year terms, $7.99/mo for renewals.
- Deluxe: $6.99/mo, $4.99/mo and $4.99/mo for 1/2/3-year terms, $9.99/mo for renewals.
- Ultimate: $9.99/mo, $8.99/mo and $7.99/mo for 1/2/3-year terms, $14.99/mo for renewals.
Generally speaking, BigRock plans, especially the primary plans, are much cheaper than those of GoDaddy.
The primary Windows hosting plans offered by GoDaddy and BigRock are affordable, but when the features included in them are considered, the plans are not among the most cost-effective choices in the industry. For example, both of GoDaddy Economy plan and BigRock Essential plan support one domain only, and they include limited disk storage.
To make it easier to understand, we have compared the two plans with an affordable yet rich-featured plan from HostForLIFE.eu, a web host known for affordable Windows hosting services.
GoDaddy vs BigRock – Uptime & Speed
It is widely known that GoDaddy doesn’t offer fast hosting services. The slow server responses and network connections have already been the largest concerns when choosing this web host.
According to real-time monitoring and user reviews, BigRock is a bit faster than GoDaddy, but it hasn’t reached the average level in terms of speed, either.
Our monitoring points out that BigRock requires over 700ms for server responses, and the time is even longer for GoDaddy. Below are the recent 30 days’ records of GoDaddy.
If you want your visitors to have a smooth browsing experience on your website, neither of the two companies should be your hosting solution. For fast and reliable ASP.NET Hosting solution, we would recommend you to check HostForLIFE.eu ASP.NET hosting plan. We have tested their speed performance and they only take around 200ms to respond.
GoDaddy vs BigRock – Technical Support
Both GoDaddy and BigRock provide a knowledgebase in which you can search for the solutions to a lot of commonly seen hosting issues, such as the account setup, DNS, domain transfer, and the use of the control panel.
In terms of the technical support backed by real staff, the two companies also offer multiple contact methods, including phone, tickets, and live chat. All these contact methods are accessible 24×7 except for the live chat provided by GoDaddy which is only available during the work hours on weekdays.
However, there are some common complaints about the two web hosts’ technical support that you may want to pay attention.
- GoDaddy has discontinued the email support. Besides, its chat support is always busy. You may have to wait over an hour to get connected to a support agent. It seems that the online chat system is not mature yet.
- BigRock offers very slow responses to phone calls and tickets. Some tickets might even be completely ignored unless you make a call to ask for a reply. In addition, some of BigRock support agents are believed not to be professional enough for resolving complex issues.
GoDaddy or BigRock?
If you want a hosting package that keeps a good balance between quality and cost, we would recommend neither of these two web hosts for you. There’s no denying that the prices of their Windows hosting plans are affordable, but their slow speed and imperfect technical support are good reasons to stay away from them at present.
As hundreds of other choices are open to you, you can easily find a better Windows hosting provider than GoDaddy and BigRock. Need quick suggestions? Then check out the services offered by the following providers.