So what can be done to get more likes on Facebook? You should work toward getting likes for both your Facebook page and the posts as mere liking of your Facebook page doesn’t guarantee that all of your posts will reach those people who liked your page.
After checking on an individual’s past likes, the entire likes on the post, and the post’s age, Facebook decides what shows up in somebody’s News Feed. Based on my own experience, here are five easy tricks that have improved engagement on my Facebook page:
• If you have a website, create a blog section and maintain it with regular updates. Use Facebook like and share button, and plug-in in your blog posts so that the visitors of your site can share those posts easily after reading.
• Write relevant, unique, engaging, and easy-to-understand contents for social media promotion. Try infographics and video contents too.
• Make the use of relevant and eye-catching images as a regular part of your content strategy to increase engagement and reach on your page and posts. Also, you need to give importance to right timing. If you are posting when a major amount of your target audience is asleep, it is just pointless. So, to know what works best for your target audience, schedule all the posts for a few days at the same time of day or try experimenting with post frequency. After that, it will be easy for you to check via Facebook Insights whether engagement rate on your page has increased or decreased.
• Promote your Facebook page on your other social media accounts, like Twitter, LinkedIn etc.
• Start engaging with other pages. Share your thoughts in response to other people’s posts. Comment as your Facebook page rather than from your personal Facebook profile.
Hope these basic tips can help you go a long way in promoting your page on Facebook.