ASPHostPortal and SmarterASP.NET are becoming widely known brands in the ASP.NET hosting field. Both of them concentrate much on offering ASP.NET hosting that satisfies all types of needs, and they have done a lot to guarantee the reliability of their services.
This comparison between the two companies, then, is going to make it clear whether they can really meet your needs, and what their unique disadvantages are. To get enough details, we have read the official information carefully, collected dozens of user reviews, and monitored the uptime and speed personally. The following ratings are based on those details.
Similarities Between the Two Companies
- There are a lot of similarities between the ASP.NET hosting services offered by ASPHostPortal and SmarterASP.NET, for example, the support for most Microsoft technologies. Here are some details.
- Good control panel – Both ASPHostPortal and SmarterASP.NET provide a web-based control panel which is powerful and easy-to-use. You can complete many tasks with the control panel, including managing databases, installing scripts, configuring domains, etc.
- Latest Microsoft and ASP.NET technologies – Everyone using the two companies’ ASP.NET hosting plans have access to Windows Server 2008/2012, MSSQL 2012/2014/2016, ASP.NET 4.5/4.6, ASP.NET MVC 5, Full Trust, Web Deploy, WebMatrix and Silverlight. Besides, ASPHostPortal also supports Windows Server 2016, ASP.NET 5 and ASP.NET MVC 6.
- Money back guarantee – ASPHostPortal allows full refunds within 30 days. Comparatively, SmarterASP.NET is more confident to promise 60-day refund.
- 99.9% uptime – Relying on multiple data centers to offer their hosting services, the two companies can ensure quite a high percentage of uptime. Their data centers are equipped with redundant power systems, and all servers are backed up regularly.
- Helpful ticket support – ASPHostPortal and SmarterASP.NET provide 24×7 ticket support, so you can submit a ticket at any time when you are troubled. It is promised that you will receive a reply from a professional.
ASPHostPortal vs SmarterASP.NET ASP.NET Hosting Features
ASPHostPortal and SmarterASP.NET include latest versions of Windows server, MSSQL, ASP.NET, ASP.NET MVC and some other advanced Microsoft technologies. To know their strength clearly, we list the main features in the following table.
|Plan Comparison||Host One||Basic|
|Disk Space||5 GB||Unlimited|
|Windows Server||2008 R2/2012||2008R2/2012|
|Isolated Application Pool||Yes||No|
Although SmarterASP.NET offer Unlimited disk space and bandwith, it doesn’t mean that customer can upload big files to their server, customer require to read their TOS again. ‘Unlimited’ is only marketing word and this is not TRUE.
ASPHostPortal use Plesk Control Panel to manage files, database, and emails. As we may know that Plesk is one of the best Control Panel for Windows. It is really suitable and work perfectly on windows hosting environment.
SmarterASP.NET use their custom Control Panel. However, when we tested it, sometimes the features doesn’t work fine and it will throw an error. The positive feedback is you can manage your files easily using their Control Panel.
ASPHostPortal vs SmarterASP.NET ASP.NET Hosting Pricing
ASPHostPortal offers 4 shared asp.net hosting plan named Host Intro, Host One, Host Two, and Host Three and most of clients start from their Host One plan. The prices of plans start from $1.00/month, $5.00/month, $9.00/month, and $14.00/month.
In other hand, SmarterASP.NET has 3 ASP.NET shared hosting packages named Basic, Advance, and Premium which start from $2.95/month, $4.95/month, and $7.95/month. If we compare the price, they are almost same in price and they are windows hosting provider that offer affordable ASP.NET hosting solution.
Both of them also offers money back guarantee if customers don’t satisfy with their services. ASPHostPortal guarantees 30 days money back guarantee and SmarterASP.NET has 60 days money back guarantee.
ASPHostPortal vs SmarterASP.NET Performance
As for performance, you’d better check their uptime performance. Both companies promise 99.9% uptime while the reality proves to be different. ASPHostPortal.com uses industry-leading technologies and almost all of their features are the latest ones.
According to data and customer feedbacks, ASPHostPortal.com performs better uptime than SmarterASP.NET. Lacking of certain infrastructure and features, SmarterASP.NET had several outages in the last year and serious downtimes also happened.
ASPHostPortal.com currently operates data centers located in Amsterdam (Netherlands), London (UK), Washington, D.C. (US), Paris (France), Frankfurt (Germany), Chennai (India), Milan (Italy), Toronto (Canada) and São Paulo (Brazil) Data Center. All their data center offers complete redundancy in power, HVAC, fire suppression, network connectivity, and security. Their data center has over 53,000 sq ft of raised floor between the two facilities, ASPHostPortal.com has an offering to fit any need. Relibility, Stability and Performance of their servers remain their top priority. Even their basic service plans are equipped with standard service level agreements for 99.99% uptime. Advanced options raise the bar to 99.99%.
SmarterASP.NET in other hand only has 3 data centers also deliver 99.99% uptime to the websites hosted all over the world.
But, based on our server monitoring, we can guarantee that ASPHostPortal has better performance than SmarterASP.NET. It might caused that SmarterASP.NET. As for ASPHostPortal.com, the company has done an even better job than its opponent, delivering an average of 100% uptime. Tell the truth, ASPHostPortal.com uptime is the best among 50+ companies that we’ve reviewed in the past months.
Should You Choose SmarterASP.NET?
We don’t think SmarterASP.NET is an ideal choice for hosting personal websites or small online businesses. You can get better features, performance and support with the same costs. Therefore, we suggest you take ASPHostPortal.com recommended by us due to the low cost, perfect support, and fast servers.